Thursday, March 17, 2016

Act I Post Due. by March 20th, Sunday 11:59PM. Comments Due. by Monday, 03/21.

Had Nora played her cards right and paid attention to the DATE, she probably wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place. 


I want to start off by apologizing to all of you for all of the craziness regrading our schedule. Before even starting the play, we had to pause everything for the Benchmark. Now we have to speed read to make sure we can complete all of our work before Spring Break, including our last research paper for the year. But I promise that after working hard the next three weeks, things will settle down. As soon as we come back from the break you will watch the movie for A Doll's House. Then, we will start The Tragedy of Julius Caesar, which will bring us into the end of the school year. We are almost at Spring Break..hang in there!

I read all of your Ibsen posts and overall you did a good job. However, some of you did not meet the requirements. Make sure you complete everything that is asked of you. Remember, we are not texting or on I.G., we are writing for an audience.  I will not be leaving comments on all Blogs, however, I will be reading all of your posts and the replies to each other. Occasionally, I will add to the conversations you are having on the Acts.

For your Act I post keep in mind that you are NOT writing a summary. Instead you are offering your insight/analysis on the characters, their inner struggles and development, as well as your views and opinions of the plot. The requirement is 2 paragraphs minimum.

Other requirements:

*At least 3 vocabulary words from Act I.

*QUOTES! Look at your Study Guide for quotes you have written.  At least 2 quotes are recommended.

* Reply to a minimum of 4 people from any of my classes. (Comment on your own post telling me who you commented on.)

* Do not forget, Text to Text, Text to Self, and Text to World.

Some questions to keep in mind as you Blog or Vlog:

-+-+- Who do the characters remind me of and why? Can you relate the characters and plot to other characters we studied or other literary works?

-+-+- How do I feel about the interaction between certain characters and what would I do if I were in their situation?

-+-+- What questions can I ask to help my peers to engage in a “conversation” about my post?

These questions are only meant to guide you. Your post should not be composed of simple answers to these questions. Take a look at the rubric so you can view the requirements to become a Platinum Blogger. We highlighted and underlined all the important requirements you want to focus on.

Most importantly, have fun reading other Blogs, especially from students in my other periods, and commenting. In addition, write properly (punctuation, spelling, word choice, etc.).

Creativity is welcome! You can try Vlogging (Video Blogging), but a writing portion to the assignment is still required. 2 paragraphs minimum

HAVE FUN! =)

What macaroons look like. Pistachio is my favorite flavor!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Santos! I forgot that we needed to use vocabulary words in our analysis... Could you reply to me with the words? ...Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helmer is supposed to be getting an advancement at the beginning of the school year. At the end of Act 1 Nora doesn't want to see her children because she doesn't want to corrupt them. Nora had to pay off the amortization from going to Italy so she got a job to pay it off.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree because Nora doesnt want the children involved.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mrs. Santos on Friday I didn't finish reading Act 1 I just wanted to let you know ahead of time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on Emilie's Blog, Garrick, Hannah, And Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commented on Elliot, Beltide, and Dillon's blogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I commented on Elliot, Danny, and Jamir's blogs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I commented on Saba, Danny and Savannah's blogs.

    ReplyDelete